In case you’re new here, I’m crazy obsessed with skin care. I love learning about ethically conscious skin care brands and trying out new products.
Since taking on a more minimal lifestyle, though, I’ve been looking to simplify every part of my life — including my skin care regimen.
Now, I’ve never been one to wear lots and lots of makeup, but over the last few years since living in Hawaii (can you say “sun damage”?), I’ve been dabbling with cruelty-free makeup, as well.
With the welcome shift to minimalism, this also meant addressing what has become like a small case of “Makeup Hoarders.”
Did I really need three pots of gel eyeliner? Why was I hanging on to those dried up lipsticks from two years ago?
While on my quest to find the perfect minimalist skin care regimen, from cleanser to makeup, that was ethical and wouldn’t kill my wallet, I fell in love with the minimalist skin care brand Glossier.
Their no-makeup makeup look was highly appealing to me, and I loved that the whole regimen I wanted would only range between four and ten items total. Yep! From cleanser and moisturizer all the way to concealer and blush, I could achieve the perfect no-makeup makeup look I wanted with Glossier’s dewy skin products in far less time (and spending far less money) than my troublesome skin care habit I’d formed over the last few years.
Let’s get down to the facts about Glossier:
- Product claims: hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested, paraben free, fragrance free, cruelty free, sulfate free.
- Their ingredients lists are full of complicated words and scientific things you don’t know and can’t pronounce.
- Glossier has a super cool blog, which is actually where the brand began as a beauty blog!
- It’s a women-owned business — score!
- As far as price goes, it’s only a couple of dollars more than your typical drug store prices for skin care. With the ethics, awesome customer service experience, being a women-owned business, and of course the efficacy of the products themselves, I feel comfortable adding a few more dollars to my skin care budget once every six months when I need to get new products.
After about a month of using Glossier’s products, I’ve got to say that I am a BIG fan. While I may still grab some masks or night creams from other brands, it’s safe to say that my staple products are with Glossier for a while.
So here are my favorite dewy skin products from Glossier:
- First up is the Milky Jelly Cleanser, which is fantastic for so many reasons. No lather = No dryness! The formula contains a couple of the same type of ingredients you’ll find in contact lens solution, so it’s very sensitive on the eyes. It’s also great because it eliminates the need for a makeup remover. When you apply it dry to your face of makeup, it acts as the makeup remover, and then you just rinse as usual. Easy peasy!
- I cannot get enough of The Balm Dotcom in Coconut. Full disclosure: My boyfriend says this tastes like the coconut cookies his Puerto Rican grandma always had in a pretty blue tin. So if you’re into coconut cookies, you’ll probably be into this, too. This is basically my go-to for any random dryness. My lips (obviously), hands, elbows — sometimes, I’ll even use it as a highlighter! Use what you’ve got, babe.
- Everyone needs a good, basic moisturizer. The Priming Moisturizer is, in a word, badass. It’s lightweight, buildable, helps control the redness I usually get right around my nose, and it helps to blur my pores. I don’t know what more you could really ask a basic moisturizer to do for you.
- The Perfecting Skin Tint in Medium is a gorgeous, velvety texture that acts like a second primer on top of the moisturizer. It blends beautifully, and I usually just apply it with my hands like I would a moisturizer. It’s not a full-coverage foundation, but that’s not what this is about, is it?
- The Stretch Concealer in Medium was the quiet winner of all these dewy skin products. I absolutely love everything about this concealer. It’s moisturizing, offers coverage, and leaves your skin looking so bright! I feel gorgeous after using this particular product.
- The Cloud Paint in Beam is brand new, and I had to get it. I told you. I’m obsessed. I’ve been looking for a cruelty-free cream blush that would give me the dewy finish I was looking for. Naturally, Glossier delivered! Fair warning: This is a POWERFUL product. A little bit goes a very, very long way! Use just a dab on your fingertip and blend it out on both cheeks. Even if I use this every day, I have no idea how I’ll be able to finish it before the product should be refreshed in six months.
- And because every now and then, a girl needs to sparkle, the Haloscope in Quartz is a unique highlighter stick with an oil pod right in the center, so your highlighter stick doesn’t get all dry!
And there you have it! Perfect, gorgeous, glowing skin from cleanser to highlighter in only seven dewy skin products from Glossier.
If you’d like to give Glossier a try, feel free to use my referral link for 20% off your first purchase!
(FYI: I’ll make a small commission for your purchases on these links. Just know that I would never promote or endorse a product or brand that isn’t aligned with the #fairandfrugalco mission.)